Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Questions about the QOOL Box
All QOOL products are produced in a climate-neutral manner at our plant in Wuerzburg. In addition to the black color, the Eco+ variant is made of already recycled material and thus underlines our sustainability claim. The performance of the two boxes does not differ.
The QOOL box achieves its impressive thermal insulation performance through the use of vacuum insulation panels installed on all sides, in the lid and in the bottom of the box. In combination with the QOOL Temperature Elements, the temperature inside can be kept constant for several days. The box can be opened several times without any problems as long as the lid is closed in such a way that no air exchange takes place.
To achieve the maximum temperature holding time of 10 days in the QOOL Box, optimal conditions should be created. It is advisable to fill the box in a similar way to the refrigerator, in that it should be as full as possible with pre-cooled products. Ideally, the products should be placed in the box already pre-cooled. The box can also be cooled down, but this will shorten the runtime. Depending on usage, temperature elements should be recharged or frozen after about 10 days.
Temperature Elements - Deep Frozen do not freeze, why?
The Deep Frozen elements are mainly recommended for professional use such as catering. In order to pre-cool the elements correctly, they must be stored for at least 72 hours at a temperature of at least -30°C. Commercially available freezers can often only be set to -18 °C and are unable to withstand these extreme temperatures. When storing, it is also important to ensure that the elements are free-standing and not placed on top of each other. Only in this way will the 72 hours be sufficient to freeze the elements completely through and prepare them for the desired application.
For frozen applications, we would therefore recommend our standard frozen elements. These provide -20 °C to -10 °C in the QOOL box and keep your goods frozen for up to 10 days. In addition, the Standard Frozen Elements can be precooled in commercial freezers at -18 °C.
In combination with our temperature elements, the QOOL cooler allows precise setting of special temperature ranges such as refrigerator range from +2 °C to +8 °C or freezer range from -20 °C to -10 °C. We can keep these temperature ranges constant for up to 10 days.
Compared to commercial cold packs, which are often filled with water, our Temperature Elements offer improved performance. Conventional cold packs emit a temperature of about 0 °C when thawing, which is already too cold for some applications and foods. However, our Temperature Elements are capable of maintaining the required temperatures, allowing for extended cooling of up to 10 days without electricity. Depending on the needs and requirements of the cooler, other cold packs can also be used in the box.
Similarly, ice cubes are also made of water and are at about 0 °C when thawed. Since the QOOL Box was specially designed for use with Temperature Elements, it does not have an outlet for melt water. If ice cubes are used for cooling, we therefore recommend using a bag or similar container to collect the melt water.
The QOOL Box can also be used without temperature elements. If the QOOL Box is filled with pre-cooled beverages or food, the goods will remain at temperature for 1-2 days. If a special temperature range (refrigerator or freezer) is desired, we would recommend our temperature elements. In addition, the temperature elements extend the holding period to up to 10 days.
Specially developed PCM formulations make QOOL Temperature Elements suitable for different temperature ranges. All ingredients are non-hazardous and suitable for use with food.
- Standard Frozen (-20 °C to -10 °C) | For transporting all frozen foods and perfect for ice cream.
- Standard Cool (-2 °C to +2 °C) | Especially suitable for sensitive chilled goods, e.g. fresh fish, meat.
- Controlled Fresh (+2 °C to +8 °C) | Suitable for storing fruit, vegetables, dairy products, beverages and temperature-sensitive medicines.
Standard Frozen (-20 °C to -10 °C)
Please freeze the Temperature Elements in a freezer at a temperature of at least -18 °C for at least 72 hours. Take the Temperature Elements out of the freezer. The inside of the elements should now be solid. The Temperature Elements are immediately ready for use and can be used with the QOOL Box.
Standard Cool (-2 °C to +2 °C)
Please freeze the Temperature Elements in a freezer/freezer at a temperature of at least -18 °C for at least 12 hours. Take the Temperature Elements out of the freezer. The inside of the elements should now be solid. The Temperature Elements are immediately ready for use and can be used with the QOOL Box.
Controlled Fresh (+2 °C to +8 °C)
Please freeze the Temperature Elements in a freezer at a temperature of at least -18 °C for at least 8 hours. Take the Temperature Elements out of the freezer. The inside of the elements should now be solid. The Temperature Elements are immediately ready for use and can be used with the QOOL Box.
- For the QOOL Box M, which can refrigerate up to 10 days without electricity, we recommend the maximum configuration with 4 temperature elements of the same size (1 liter). Place one element upright on each side of the handles and place the other two elements on top of the food. The top two elements will have the greatest effect as cold air sinks to the bottom, flowing through all the refrigerated food. If you are only traveling for 3-5 days, 2 of the 4 temperature elements are sufficient. These can then be conveniently placed on the side, but should be placed on top of the refrigerated goods for optimal cooling.
- For the QOOL Box L, which can cool up to 10 days without electricity, a surround system (cooling cube) with 6 temperature elements is recommended. There are 2 different elements parts: 2 square elements (for bottom and lid) and 4 side elements. Place one of the large elements on the bottom of the box. Then add the 4 side elements with the straight side to the respective wall. Finally, just put the lid on top. Again, not all elements are necessary for 3-5 days.
As an alternative for the QOOL Box L we offer a set of 6 small elements, which are originally intended for the QOOL Box M.
By placing the temperature elements correctly, you can maximize the cooling capacity of the QOOL Box and keep your food optimally fresh, whether you are traveling for a few days or up to 10 days.
The QOOL Box offers different size options, depending on your needs and the number of people:
- QOOL Box M: This variant is ideal for 2-3 people. It has a filling volume of 27 liters (22 liters with Temperature Elements). This volume allows food supply for about one week up to 10 days. Alternatively, the box offers enough space for up to 16 bottles with a capacity of 0.5 liters.
- QOOL Box L: If you are a group of 4 people or more, we recommend the larger version QOOL Box L with a filling volume of 43 liters (33 liters with Temperature Elements). This generous size allows you to easily store 24 bottles with a volume of 0.5 liters and provides enough space for drinks and food for a weekend trip with the family. If the larger temperature elements of the QOOL Box L do not fit in your freezer compartment, we also offer a set of 6 temperature elements size M as an alternative. You can find these under accessories.
It is recommended to pack the QOOL Box as full as possible, as this optimizes the cooling performance and can keep it cool for up to 10 days. Choose the box size according to your requirements and the number of people to ensure the best user experience.
The stability of the QOOL Box is impressive. Specifically designed for robust and reliable performance, it can support an impressive 150 kg of weight. Thanks to its sturdy construction made of EPP (expanded polypropylene), a material known in the automotive industry as a shock absorber, the box proves itself in a wide range of applications, whether as a seat, table or step. Its durability and reliability make it a versatile companion in a wide variety of situations.
The outer material of the QOOL box is not made of styrofoam, but of EPP, expanded polypropylene. EPP is an extremely lightweight, robust and water-repellent material. It is mainly used to protect our high performance insulation and additionally provide a strong insulation performance.
Yes, the QOOL box is able to keep warm products warm, thanks to an innovative technology that is also used in aerospace, global shipping of Corona test kits and Corona vaccines: Vacuum Insulation Panels. These panels are built into all sides, the lid and the bottom of the box, creating a sort of "thermos in a box" format.
Thanks to this advanced insulation technology, the QOOL Box can achieve excellent thermal insulation performance. However, it is important to note that the warming process is not supported by additional "heat elements", as is the case with refrigeration. Therefore, the box can keep warm products warm for a few hours to a day, depending on how full the box is (a fuller box will maintain the appropriate temperature longer). The QOOL Box is thus a versatile solution to keep your food both cool and warm, depending on your needs and situation.
Cleaning your QOOL box is straightforward, as both the specially treated outer shell and the interior are easy to clean and disinfect. However, avoid using too aggressive chemicals to avoid damaging the material. A sponge moistened with water is ideal for cleaning.
After the cleaning process, we recommend wiping the cooler and temperature elements thoroughly dry and storing them open for a few days. This step helps to prevent possible mold growth in the box and ensures that the QOOL Box remains fresh and ready for use.
- Keep the box away from fire: Do not place the QOOL Box near open flames or glowing objects. Glow splashes could cause small holes in the outer material of the box.
- Avoid using sharp objects: Do not cut directly on the surface of the box with sharp objects. This could cause scratches or cuts that damage the material.
By following these simple guidelines, you can ensure the life and functionality of your QOOL box and avoid potential damage. The box will continue to reliably keep your food cool and accompany you on your adventures.
You still have questions or need further support?
Our customer service is at your disposal!
Contact us by phone at +49 (0) 931 35 942 1883 to speak with one of our employees.
You can also reach out to us via email at [email protected].
If you prefer to fill out a contact form, please use the following button: Contact form (qool-products.com) .